Athletes usually consume CBD to reduce pain, stress, and inflammation. Due to the THC that it contains players, do not prefer consuming that, and they instead choose palmitoylethanolamide as an anti-inflammatory alternative.
What is Palmitoylethanolamide? Where is it found?
PEA is produced naturally in the body to repair the pain, inflammation, and stress caused. It contains fatty acid that is a part of the endocannabinoid family naturally produced by the body. They can indirectly or directly interact with cannabinoid receptors found in the tissues. PEA was originally found in egg yolks, peanuts, and soy lecithin. CBI is found in the brain and the spinal cord, and CB2 is found in the immune and digestive system.
What is the mechanism of PEA?
Palmitoylethanolamide operates in the body through various paths and provide anti-inflammatory effects and analgesic. When interacted directly, they half the pro-inflammatory activity and reduces inflammation. If interacted indirectly, they enhance the other compound’s actions and levels to relieve the pain.
How is Palmitoylethanolamide different than CBD?
CBD is sourced from hemp plants and contains THC in traced amounts. It increases anandamide action and increases the effect of brain chemicals. PEA is made in the body naturally and can fluctuate. Its production internally can reduce the pain, stress, or injury period. PEA is a resemblance to CBD and has anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective substances.
Why is Palmitoylethanolamide a supplement option for athletes? What does it help with?
Athletes use PEA to avoid using THC as it causes difficulty for athletes who need a regular drug test. PEA removes the concern of consuming THC as it is naturally produced in the body.
- It reduces chronic pain and inflammation.
- Enhances recovery and performance.
- Promotes restful and better sleep through CB1 receptors activation and calms the eyes.
- It boosts the immune system if a person is prone to catching cold and fever, and sore throat symptoms are reduced.
- Endocannabinoids can help in regulating the mood, perception, and emotion of a person. It plays an important role as an antidepressant and helps a person fight and reduce stress and anxiety by enhancing the levels of anandamide.
CBD can cause health issues due to THC and affects the health of a person. On the other side, PEA does not have such issues and has amazing benefits and scope as it includes a pathway of anti-inflammatory CBD. It is also produced in the body naturally and completely legal and safe.