Gin is becoming the new “red wine”; it has taken over the globe and has seen an explosion in production, especially in the Australian gin distillery. But why? Let’s find out.
What is a gin distillery?
It is the house of gin where water and ethanol build a combination with the botanical flavors of juniper berries, and the heavenly mix is “tried and tested” to give the world the best of all worlds. This place is a must-visit for any dedicated gin consumers.
Where is the best gin distillery?
Many claim to be the best producers of gin, but no one does it better than the Australians. There is just something about the flavors of an Australian gin distillery that makes it the best, and even though you don’t know the difference, you will keep coming back for it. Maybe it’s the ocean breeze, or perhaps it’s the heat, whatever may be the reason, Australian gin distilleries always end up being talked about at any mention of gin.
Know about World gin day:
Yeah, World gin day is real, and we’re here for it. This lovely day is celebrated on the second Saturday of June every year by everyone who is legally allowed to drink in their countries. The tradition started in 2009 when two renowned gin connoisseurs launched this historic day together to popularize a gin bar. This day originated as an idea to bring fame to gin and have more people coming forth to consume the now-popular drink. What started as a joke to many people is now being recognized in over 30 countries. A variety of events are being hosted all over the globe, including tasting sessions and stories of gins origin.
Why is gin better than any other alcohol?
1. Medicinal purposes- Most people do not consume gin as medicine, but it is capable of curing fever.
2. Lower calories and sugar- At only 97 calories per shot glass, this sole reason is enough to attract all the weight watchers to the party.
3. Anti-aging- Juniper berries are known for their anti-oxidant properties, and amazingly enough, the focus ingredient of gin is juniper berries.
4. Reduces joint pain- So, for all the patients of arthritis and rheumatism out there, meet your new friend, gin. A popular claim promises than gin-soaked raisins reduce inflammation and pain.
5. The “safe” drink for diabetic patients- Always consult before you consume any alcohol, but amongst all others, gin is relatively low in sugar hence makes an ideal choice.
6. Longevity- Aside from being anti-aging, the juniper berries stimulate tissues in your veins that prevent clogged veins.
Pretending that gin isn’t the most popular drink on earth already, these benefits that will have you reaching for that “gin and tonic” shot the next time you hit the bar.